Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Millennium Biltmore Hotel

After visiting Angel Knoll park I decided to drag my friend Maria to my next destination, the Biltmore Hotel. It's located in Downtown LA, just a few blocks away from Angel Knolls. I knew that the Biltmore was featured in a lot of tv shows and movies (Heartbreakers being one of them) and I was too excited to walk around this historical sight. Maria and I were walking through the historical hallway when one of the workers came up to us and asked if we wanted a private tour. I became so excited that I couldn't help squeal like a little girl yelling out yes to the guy. It turned out that he was as big of a nerd as me when it came to tours and historical landmarks. He couldn't help himself either and managed to take us into every major room.







The Biltmore is known for being an early home to the Academy Awards Ceremony. The Award show took place in one of the coolest rooms I've ever walked into, the Crystal Ballroom. At first the room was locked but our tour guide was nice enough to go through the back and open the door. The Crystal Ballroom blew my mind, #1 because it was enormous! #2 the architecture, and #3 because of the fact that the carpet mirrored the design on the ceiling. It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.
The Biltmore has been around for 88 years and it has managed to keep that old hollywood feel to it. It's one of best places to check out in DTLA.








No comments:

Post a Comment